Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Team Spudnik Update 3/6/13

Hello, I'm back again! For this post, I have two main orders of business. The first of which is my new blogging schedule. Originally, my theory was that I'd blog after every meeting we have. That obviously hasn't happened, and I don't think that really does need to happen. Therefore, this blog is now going to be updated WEEKLY rather then at every meeting. Now with that done, I'll catch you all up on what we've done since that last build meet.

One big thing we've done is plan. We spent a meeting going over what has gone well this season, and what hasn't. Then we began planning how to go about the rest of the time. Currently, work is being done on finalizing the frisbee shooter, building a platform to mount a couple parts we need to add to the robot, designing our pit for competition, and getting more sponsors (Our marketing team is out working on that as I type this). Very soon, we're going to begin the final tests of the shooter, and finalize the things that aren't done yet. Those "unfinalized" things include the bumpers, a cut sheet of plexiglass to protect our electronic parts, and the camera mount.We also hope to reconfigure the robot from last year, which we still have, to drive like the one from this year so we can continue practicing.

Of couse, it's not like we don't already have some stuff done. Our t-shirt designs have been finalized and ordered, we're almost finished with the robot moving cart, and I've just received word that we've gotten our selves moar sponsoringness. And as I said, the stuff that isn't done yet will be easily completed before the competition.

With only three weeks left until the competition, we still have plenty to get done. However, progress is certainly being made, and that will be more then long enough for us to complete that which must be completed. Nothing much else for me to say here, other then that you should expect another post a week from today. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment